A 3-inch brass and mahogany refracting telescope by G & S Merz of Munich, circa 1865.
Brass and steel tripod stand with equatorial mount.
Objective lens signed: G & S Merz München. With lens cap.
With a G & S Merz box containing oculars and other accessories. (Brass label: G. & S. MERZ OPTISCHES INSTITUT vorm. UTZSCHNEIDER & FRAUNHOFER MÜNCHEN.).