A large four draw telescope by ‘Dollond, London’.
It measures 11.25″ when closed and 41.5″ fully pulled open.
It has a main doublet crown / flint glass lens of 2″ aperture.
The first draw is made up of three segments which screw together, with the ends and the two screwed junctions each containing a lens call. The method of concealing the junction pieces leaves the joints practically undetectable.
This is an excellent, clean example from the period 1790 – 1810 though there is a hairline crack running down the barrel (closed).
The telescope gives an excellent image when viewing.