A good OB/GYN grouping for sale as a lot. Some rare forms. Some with ebony grips (perfect). Many signed. English, French and American. 1860-1900.
1. Pajot’s OB forceps-signed Collin-rare 4 part form with cross-hatched metal handles and crochet in ball handle ?? c.1860, 45cm. long.
2. OB pelvic calipers signed Tiemann c.1900, scale out to 15 inches. Bronze plated or anodized.
3. Pean’s ovarian cyst forceps with offset holes and pins (4 on each side). signed J. Stevenson c.1900. Rare.
4. Plated and articulated spiral placental curette. Unsigned. c.1900
5. Double blunt hook by Evans c.1880
6. Smellie’s obstetrical perforator. Unsigned. c.1860
7. Blunt hook with rare T-handle and ebony grip. c.1860 unsigned but fine
8. Duck-billed speculum by S.Maw and Son c. 1860. Well used but perfect ebony grip c.1860
More detailed photos to come !!!
Ask the Dealer
Mark Hacking (Scientifica Opticae Inc.) has been an avid collector/dealer for over 30 years. A former Science teacher, he has an innate love for anything natural or mechanical. Specializing in optical (microscopes, telescopes), surveying, medical, weighing and drawing instruments, he is an active participant of the Scientific Instrument Fair in London. Living in Stratford, Ontario, Canada, with his wife and two children; Mark looks forward to meeting as many fellow collectors as possible, and has a worldwide following on eBay (Sciopti).
Other items See all
- ~WONDERFUL BOXWOOD INCLINOMETER AND COMPASS by APPS~ $400 US (300 GBP)
- ~SUPERB CAMERA LUCIDA by CARY, LONDON~ $400 US (OBO)