A good selection of c. 1860-80 general surgical items with items of specializationto include:
1. ivory handled tenaculum (stable crack to handle-one side)
2. unusual needle with probe and wire end
3. angled probe and hook with square ebony handles
4. scalpel marked Ferguson, London with ebony handle (oxidation)
5. Lenticular with pentagonal head and chequered ebony handle
Many more general surgical items to come including bullet and tissue forceps, artery forceps, etc.
Ask the Dealer
Mark Hacking (Scientifica Opticae Inc.) has been an avid collector/dealer for over 30 years. A former Science teacher, he has an innate love for anything natural or mechanical. Specializing in optical (microscopes, telescopes), surveying, medical, weighing and drawing instruments, he is an active participant of the Scientific Instrument Fair in London. Living in Stratford, Ontario, Canada, with his wife and two children; Mark looks forward to meeting as many fellow collectors as possible, and has a worldwide following on eBay (Sciopti).
Other items See all
- ~WONDERFUL BOXWOOD INCLINOMETER AND COMPASS by APPS~ $400 US (300 GBP)