With mahogany barrel and signed on the first draw, ‘T. Taylor, Castle St, Leicester Fields, London’. Thomas Taylor worked from this address from 1782-1788. It is also signed on the second draw, ‘T.H. Smallwood, No5, Little Madox Street, Bond St’ (probably the owner or retailer).
Fully extended it measures 28″ (71 cms) and when closed, 9.5″ (24 cms). The main lens has a diameter of 42mm and has a triplet element. It gives a magnification of 20x with a fine, sharp image.
The telescope is very clean and is damage free. It comes with a later wooden display stand.