Four C1880 gynecological instruments. In descending order:
1) Emmet’s uterine elevator with checkered ebony handle by “A.L. HERNSTEIN” working in NYC.. See Tiemann 1889 Armamentarium, p.483, figure 3427.
2) A uterine elevator with an ebonite handle similar to Sims’, see Tiemann 1889 Armamentarium, p.483, figure 3425.
3) An unidentified uterine dilator with screw adjustment and checkered ebony handle. Unmarked but likely German.
4) A steel, scissor-handle tri-bladed uterine dilator by “GALANTE” ,working Paris. A near identical instrument can be found in the Gapultos Collection on the Accoucheur site.
We will be happy to provide close-up images of any of the above instruments.
Ask the Dealer
Michael and Roberta Gordon have been dealing in medical and dental antiques for more than four decades. They have helped build a number of major private collections and have contributed to the holdings of many museums. They also deal in other scientific and technology related items, including calculating instruments, office machines, patent models and wine-related accessories such as corkscrews. ROBERTA GORDON IS A SKILLED RESTORER WHO CAN HELP YOU WITH ANY INSTRUMENTS AND CASES THAT NEED ATTENTION. Feel free to contact them for details at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-623-6777
Other items See all
- 1894 AMERICAN LIFESAVING MEDAL $495.00