This single draw telescope is signed, ‘Geo Gowland, 76 South Castle St, Liverpool’. The length fully extended is 41″ (104 cms) and closed, 27″ (69 cms). It has a main lens of 2″ diameter giving a magnification of 16 x.
G. Gowland worked from 1851 – 53 then went into partnership with a family member.
The telescope is in almost mint condition and was made to presentation standard or as a “window puller”.
It gives an excellent clear image when viewed through.
It comes in a very nice mahogany case.