A large leather covered taper barrelled, nickel silver telescope signed, ‘Voightlander & Sohn, Wien, Braunschweig’.
The company was established in 1756 and was the oldest name regarding cameras, making many developments in this field and the name ‘Voightlander & Sohn’ was established in 1898. The firm was eventually taken over by Zeiss in 1956.
It has a sliding ray shade and a slider to the eye-piece.
The leather to the barrel has been replaced in the past.
The telescope measures 24″ closed and 33.5″ fully drawn with an objective lens of 2.25″; it gives a good, clear image with a magnification of 22 x.
No dents, damage free lenses.